Friday, July 12, 2013

Applesauce! And, shock, calming!

So, I decided to make some flour out of garbanzo beans. Well....the food processor was loud and scared the dog, they went out side. It took some time, and shifting from processing to sifting out the pods to re process into flour.... Needless to say, I only got about a cup before I had to stop for sanity's sake.

I mixed up a small "starter" batch of apple cookies with just the cup, and got a dozen cookies! The recipe I'm posting will be double that.

2c garbanzo four, plus extra for rolling
1/2 c applesauce
1tbs cinnamon 
2tbs each lemongrass, lavender, camomile. 

Mix together,  layout on a lightly floured surface and roll out. You want t to be about 1/4 in. Cut out using favorite cookie cutter- I use bones so we don't mix up dog treat and people treats.

Combine extra bits and re roll till there is not enough left to cut, take these and place them on the cookie sheet as taste testing (or extra goodies for puppies)! 

Bake in a 350 oven for 20-25 minutes
Let cool!
 Bone-appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment